Google had launched ‘App Runtime for Chrome project’ back in 2015, for devolopers to run and test their android apps on Chrome browser. Google also released another tool called ARC Welder with an updated runtime and expanded app support. This ARC Welder tool runs on a runtime implemented using Native client. This technology allows Chrome plugins to run the app in its native interface and speed.
At its initial stage, this tool was only available for developers. Now anyone can download it to run android apps in browser. Are you exited to use this feature. Here’s our step by step guide for you.
- One app can be loaded at a time
- You will have to manually choose the layout (portrait/landscape) based on the app
- Users need to specify whether they want to use the app in tablet mode.
- You must be using latest update of chrome browser
- Users can test app’s that support Android 4.4 and above, since the tool is based onAndroid 4.4
- Download and open latest version Google Chrome
- Search and install ARC Welder app extension
- When done with installation, click Launch App button
- Now download APK file for the app you want to run
- Click the ‘choose’ button and add APK file to the extension
- Select ‘orientation’ and ‘Form factor’ settings for the app
- Click test button to open the App